Tuesday, February 10, 2009

One more day....

One more day and then I'll be on my way to Benin. I've bought the requisite new underwear (for when one is going to be sharing one's room with up to 6 people), been taking my malaria medicine for the requisite 2 weeks before travel, and I've taken Perspectives which was for me a necessary precursor to serving. I've completed my NP degree and passed the certification exam....I'm just waiting to go....but not long now. The ship docked yesterday in Cotonou, Benin. I'm going to try and post a Google Earth picture (something else this trip has taught me) of where the Africa Mercy will be docked. More later...........

3 comments:

  1. bonnie-
    I will be reading and watching, mostly praying for what God has in store for you!
    Pat Ready
    Columbia SC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie, I am confused...where are you exactly? Are you on the ship? Are you going to meet the ship somewhere???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning!! It's almost 9:00 here and getting ready for Pinedale. I'm praying you have been able to worship on your ship today! I pray God's strength is with you today as you work to screen patients and have to make decisions about who recieves care. I know those that YOU talked to, saw Jesus's light in you!! John8:12 Feeling like you are a sand pebble yet? a bright sand pebble!! Love ya Christine

    ReplyDelete