Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Wed. in Cotonou

It is Wed. morning, I'm sitting in the Internet cafe drinking my coffee (not a latte as Starbucks is not open yet) and trying again to post pictures. I have had some trouble with sea sickness which really surprised me as we are docked. However, the ship does quite a bit of swaying to and fro and when I am on the 3ird level which is where the hospital and my room is, you really feel it. So far today, no queasiness, but I know to run up to deck 7 should I start today. Yesterday couldn't make it out of my cabin until I had tossed my cookies.


We have had a few busy days. Those that have been here before set up the hospital and us newbies continue to attend meetings and orient. It is wonderful to be in such an openly Christian environment and I love praying with those with whom I will be working closely. Tomorrow will be very busy as it is the first screening day. We will leave the ship and 6AM and I notice that they don't say when we'll be coming back. Please pray for those that will be coming. They may have come from long distances and waited for many hours.


Yesterday they hired the Translators that we will be using during the outreach. I am looking forward to meeting them and hopefully learning a little French which is the universal language of Benin.
The picture is of the hospital ward where I will be working. I'll try and send more pics later, it takes awhile for them to upload and I am still trying to get my laptop registered so that I can send emails and posts from my room.
More to come later, must rush now as we are taking an official picture of all the ward nurses today.
Please pray for the screening day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment